Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Winds of Change

It is the time of the year again... It is the time again that I start to wonder where I should go from here.. To save anyone who is reading from boredom, I shall just stop after the following sentence. "I am still confused." Change. My polytechnic friends. Most of them are working, some doing their part for the country, some still mugging... No more hanging out at Jupiter Cafe, no more hanging out at the Design canteen trying to catch a glimpse of those rumoured cute guys, no more "see you at the mushroom", no more deciding where to eat (BizPark, Engine or Mensa?)... All changed, all gone. Secondary sch friends. Used to gather once a year at Pasir Ris chalets, used to hang out in the prefects' room all time, used to stay back in school late just for fun. When will we meet again? All came and gone, just like the wind. Primary school mates? Only a handful in contact. Everyone's busy with a lot of other stuff. NO more regular outings, no more thinking about the old times... Hopscotch, five stones, "Dun friend you!" or after school higher chinese extra lessons. Even the building will be gone soon... All came and left and disappeared... Why do people keep looking back and think of the 'good old days'? Why not just stare ahead and think about the 'better future'? I have no idea. Do you? Or maybe it's just me...

No comments: