Tuesday, September 28, 2004

60 year-old me

Some people says that it is bad luck to celebrate your birthday twice a year... I beg to differ... This year was a special year for me. I celebrated my birthday 3 times with 3 cakes, 6 candles. Hahaha... Thanks to all my friends. The biggest surprise came from my uni mates. One day as I was trying to brace myself for a Monday morning lecture, Chitra came along from the back of the LT and tapped on my shoulder. "Can you come out a while?" said Chitra. I could see that it was something serious. Chitra seems tired, I really wondered what had happened. At that point, I hope that it will be nothing bad. I followed her out of the LT and saw some other classmates sitting on those study tables. On the table was a cake with 2 candles. My first thought was that it must be someone else's birthday. "Think you could run away from it?" And there was a chrous of 'Happy Birthday' from everyone. It was then that I realise that the cake was for me! Hahaha... I was totally speechless. They are so sweet. I never thought that they would do that after reading my blog's previous entry. Thanks pals... And now it's back to school work again... 3 more weeks to the end of all projects and then the exams... All the best to myself.

No comments: