Wednesday, May 19, 2004

No, I am not trying to be a show off here.. I am just putting the last entry as a for your information thingy. YOu can choose to ignore it or choose to read it.. Hee.. Anyway.. I am pretty worried now that I have gotten a place in the course. I have been thinking for the past few days about the consequences if I do not do as well as the JCs students in the same course. My pals have assured me that I will not 'lose' to them as the education in poly would have me be more versatile, flexible and market driven. Hopefully I won't let myself down. Well i guess that means working extremely hard for reasonable grades. At the same time, I would need to think about how I can study and find a part time tuition job or something to fund myself through school. All these stuff have weigh me down so much. I really hope that things would work out fine. This morning I met one of my secondary school mates at the bus interchange. She seems different now with her long hair. It is always nice to see someone familiar early in the morning... We spoke for about 2 minutes before departing.. I really hoped that we could have spent a longer period of time catching up. I am now wondering what she is doing since she had graduated from JC. Probably in NUS or something.. Another one of my pal asked me whether he should pursue his further studies based on his interest or based on the career prospects. Well.. Obviously I would pursue my dreams, because I believe that it is very important to enjoy what we do so as to do well in it. If we pursue what we think would be good for us but not something we enjoy, it would probably kill the joy in doing anything.. Well.. Either ways there are pros and cons i guess.. Just have to make sure that at the end of the day, we do not regret our decisions. I realise how much i missed being a younger child where I will not be bothered by issues in life. Well i guess life is much easier as I do not understand why those issue exist and why we should be bothered by it. Haiz... Well.. It is good to dream once in a while but we should never look back.. I will have to look forward and treasure all the time I have..

No comments: