Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Qualifying Discriminating Test?

Yesterday was my official last day in the office... Hee... Honestly, I am quite happy about it. Coz finally I get to settle a lot of my personal stuff that I otherwise may not have the time to. Just got my timetable… Seriously? It's kind of horrible. The lessons are so spread out! On Wednesday for example, I have a lecture from 8.30am to 10.30am, and a tutorial from 4.30pm to 7pm… A break time totalling 6 hours! My gosh… It would be good for me if I am staying in the Hall, at least I can go catch a nap. Looks like I can go teach tuition, if available for that period of time.. We'll see about that soon. Went back to NTU this morning for a Qualifying English test.. Essay writing of about 250 - 300 words on either 1) Music Downloading and your views or 2) Euthanasia and your views. I choose the second one. Mercy killing in layman terms. Honestly, I think I did not do a very good job on that essay. But it's too late now anyway. I wrote something like mercy killing is justified. This option should be available to whoever who needs it. I mean, ultimately, you control your own life, religion and traditions aside. If one day you feel that you cannot bear the suffering of being terminally ill (you are not going to get well anyway), I feel that it is a better way to end all the sufferings and to die with dignity rather than piling on to the medical bills and burden all your family members. This is not about moral values. This is about human rights. Outsiders do not know how the patient feels. The patient should have the rights to say yes or no to euthanasia. Whatever it is, I hope my paper doesn't get marked down just because the examiner feels that I have screw-up moral values. Haha… Come to think about it, my paper might not be marked at all. My friends from NTU told me that they select the papers to mark randomly… So it all about luck... But still, if you are good enough, you should not worry about being selected. Yep… After looking at some of the students and course mate of mine, I feel that I might have problem fitting in. Many of them seem so 'young and naïve'. I am serious. They reminded me of kids just out of 'O' levels. When I was on the bus to the school, a bunch of girls were all so giggly and talking about erm, adolescent topics. But then again, they are a year younger and probably from JC and thus my opinion of them being less street smart. Not that I am trying to say all JC students are like that, it is just the few that I met today. Oh, and I worry for their sense of dressing too. Not that I dress very well but they dress worst than a lot of people I see on the streets. Okay, it's a matter of opinion again.. I am being such a bitch here… Criticising other people… Who am I to do that? Oh dear, I better not turn into one of the Plastics in Mean Girls. It’s bad… What's happening to me? Well… Maybe I am just trying to get myself heard… Also did I mention that NTU is like a huge maze? I spent like 20 minutes looking for the LT that I was suppose to go. Even a Prof I approached for directions sent me going the wrong way. In the end, it was a cleaner who directed me correctly… It shows that every person matters, no matter who you are!

No comments: