Thursday, July 28, 2005

Bad Chinese...

Yes.. This is an entry that I will whine and whine and whine. But at the same time, I will try to talk about the good things that happened in the 1st week of school. Well, I just had my basic media writing in Chinese class today and I think i totally suck at it. We were suppose to write about why we chose to do this module and talk a little about our experience with the Chinese language. I thought it would be a piece of cake for me, given my experience in secondary school where I can complete an essay in less than 45 minutes. We had an hour for about a page long essay in Microsoft Word. I was wrong. I realised I had no idea how to write and even phrase certain sentences correctly. I struggled hard really. Goodness, 10 years of Chinese down the drain. Not forgetting the fact that I was from a Chinese school. I know the words, but have no flow. I can write the words, but have no idea what the han yu pin ying is. Terrible isn't it. I feel really ashamed. I think it is the worst piece of essay I have ever written. Enough lamenting. Let's just hope that I will improve tremendously after the course. If i remember, I will update 12 weeks later. For the happier stuff. Am I glad to be back in school. Familiar faces and that occasional joke in class. Haiz. This is better than work really. The pace was just nice. Gave me enough time to catch up with friends and spend hours in the NIE library cafe doing nothing at all. Great. Even gave us the idea of starting up a cafe in our main SCI building.. Maybe we should really consider writing to the Dean for a sandwich machine in the school at least. Better than the pathetic tibits and 'junk' coffee vending machine. Also glad that I met my secondary school teacher... Reminds me of all the great time I spent in GYSS. Haiz.... Those were the days.

No comments: