Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Of birthdays, responsibilities and dreams

July, I conclude, is the Birthday month. I have never received so many invitations to birthday celebrations - chalets, restaurants, even country clubs. Thanks for all the invitation, but I cannot afford to go to every single one... I'm at work most of the time due to NDP. Yes, life has been sooooooo busy now. Work, work, work and play. Notice the proportion. Most of my good friends are officially legal. Not that it signifies anything, but it is more like a socially created ritual. Still, it means that they will have a good time teasing me when they buy tickets to watch Sin City. I already have the first taste of it this morning... Bleah. 21 is a big year, but I doubt I will be holding any 'big-scale' celebrations. Probably just a quiet celebration at home with family and a few close friends. No particular reason, but maybe turning 21 is the time to really reflect on the 'childhood' years and planning my future? Crap again. My best friend says that turning 21 means having more legal responsibilities. Sounds scary. For me, I think I will be a miserable soon-to-be 21-year-old with a miserable bank account. Haha... Anyway, not that money is the most important thingy. I think I want to change a few habits. Procastinating and getting myself into unnecessary troubles. Not troubles as in troubles but more like getting myself involved in too many activities. Turning 21st soon and I have a couple of 'dreams' yet to be fulfilled. Maybe I have to be more practical. Is this what you call the pre-21st birthday syndrome? Oh btw, Harry Potter fans, I have finished reading the Half-blood Prince on Saturday itself and I am disappointed. But it is a good ending for a good beginning for the next book. Money making scheme. And I fell for it.

No comments: