Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Free like a bird~~

Indeed I am finally free! I am finally freed from my exams! Just finished my last paper today. Don't smirk, you terrible people. I can almost see you grin... I know that most of you have either finished your papers long ago or do not need to take exams at all... Oh, and to celebrate the end of my last paper, I actually left the examination hall early.. Okie, lame. Haiz.. Hope I will do well though... The sociology papers are killers and I am no Weber or Marx. 3 absolute months without school, projects and exams! Cheers to fun, fun and more fun! Finally I can do my favourite stuff without guilt... Talking about school, I remembered one anecdote from kindergarten... Back then I was a little girl with 2 long pigtails studying in a PAP Foundation kindergarten, just like most of us in Singapore. During an exam once, I finished my paper - a combination of Maths, Chinese and English - way too early and started looking for other stuff to do. I realised that the little girl beside me was pondering over a chinese character. She drew one stroke, ponder for a while and then rub it away. Drew another, rub away again. And she repeated this at least for another 3 times. I felt quite annoyed when I see it as I thought it was quite easy. So.. I took her paper and wrote the character for her. That's not enough. I flipped her paper and realised that she had not completed anything at all. So out of courtesy or ignorance or stupidity or whatever you call it, I completed the paper for her. The rest, like they say is history.... All I remembered was that my teacher had a good laugh. The beginning of a smart alec... Alas... Why do I remembered so clearly? My dear mum never failed to remind me whenever she sees me studying for exams. "Remember the last time you completed the exam paper for your friend?" Argh! Thanks mum...

No comments: