Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Fireworks, jokes and kite flying

Something I got from the Reader's Digest
On his first day, a newcomer to prison heard the other inmates roar with laughter each time one of them called out a number. Mystified by this, he asked his cellmate what was happening. "We know all our jokes so well that, to save time retelling them, we've numbered them," he was told.Thinking he would join in, the newcomer shouted "208." To his amazement, the whole prison shook with laughter. The cellmate wiped tears from his eyes and commented, "We hadn't heard that one before."
I simply laughed my head off this joke. I find it really funny somehow. Check out www.rdasia.com for much more funny jokes. Oh, not to mention the word games too, they are simply great.
I spent one of the most enjoyable weekend with my pals last week! We had like Indonesian food for two days straight @ different restaurants from Suntec City. I have to say it's different from other food that we eat on other days. Eating those food in such classy restaurant almost led me into thinking that I am on a vacation on some exotic island. Haha..
Went to East Coast to kayak on Sunday morning then to Parkway Parade to look for Hui's mum. Afterwhich we went to the game arcade and had some childish but great fun. We were practically hooked on a few games there. There was this skateboarding game, another waterskiing game and a water rafting game that we cannot stop playing! We had exceptional fun on that water rafting game machine. It so tiring! You have to row the oar so hard and so fast that I thought I could lose my arms! Haha... Jianming and Kenny rowed so fast that the computer have to prompt them not to do so... My gosh. The ultimate thing is I actually developed blisters and broke them. Wonder where I got those blisters from in the first place.
Went to catch the NDP fireworks @ Marina South. Well, we didn't reach our destination like immediately. We were walking and walking along the road to Esplanade not knowing where to go at first. THere were so many security guards on duty. So ultimately we went to Marina South and spent the rest of the evening there... First for the fireworks, then we bought two kites and mini 'fireworks' and played at the field. Honestly Kenny, how can you get so excited with a few bunches of sparkles that goes off in a while? Haha.. My gosh. He was simply running around the field with the sparkles and shouting like a little kid. At least Jianming was more tame. Haha... And not to forget to mention that we flew kite as well... At night that is. And the kites flew so high up that we could not even locate them... Had a hard time retrieving the line back.
Anyway, that marked the end of the weekend. And now? I am in the library again. Waiting for time to pass. This is how I spend time.
Haiz. I realise that I have spent so much time playing that I do not have time to organise my school work. Have quite a bit of presentation notes to prepare and stuff. I really need to tone down a bit and start to be a little more studious.
I hope I can.... haha.. =P

No comments: