Sunday, August 15, 2004

A transition in life

It's amazing how one day of activity can change your mood, and more dramatically, your preception in life.

I am not feeling to well these days. I finally experienced FAILURE. Honestly, I have never suffered through failure, but these few days made me realise that I am not such a perfect and wonderful person anymore.

I told myself just 2 days ago that I have to lower standards of myself. No matter how good I am, there will still be someone better than me. I have to live with the fact that I cannot be at the top all the while.

I guess I am really in a different phase in life now. I am learning a lot things the hard way now. I am glad it's now and not later actually. At least I can still afford to make mistakes without much consequences.

I have to adapt to so many things now. I have to learn to take my stand and not be afraid to break the norm. I really wonder, do I have to do what other people feel that it is correct to get agreement? Why do we need agreement? I wonder...

I am not doing well in Uni. Not for my first assignment. I expect myself to do well but I did not. I may be too full of myself.

Is being the top of everything, everything in life?

Kenny, you said life may be a journey and not a destination? May be? I sort of agree and do not agree. Yes, without a destination, there will not be a journey. But what I was saying is that if we are too focus on the end, we will not be able to enjoy the process which may holds more meaning that the end can bring. The end is just a goal. It's how you reach your goal that matters not how well your goals are achieved. How many of us can say that the end result that we receive is usually what we hope it will be? Not all the time...

Read my sister's blog and this sentence striked me:
PUT ON A SAFETY BELT AND MOVE ON IN LIFE

What does that mean? Someone enlighten me....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds similar to this phrase,
"Buckle up and get going"